Click Here for a PDF version of this newsletter!
This Week’s News:
- For the next two Sundays Jesse Beernink will again be joining us to share from God's Word during the Worship Service. Jesse has spent 10 years in fulltime ministry mainly as a Youth Pastor working with students and families. Jesse has previously served at Monroe Bible Church in Monroe, Wi reaching and showing others what it is to be in a thriving relationship with Jesus Christ. He and his wife Meranda and their children have recently moved to Janesville where Jesse now serves as Pastor at Resonate Church, a recently planted church. He is looking forward to seeing the work God has in store for him and his family in Janesville.
-The next CEFC Membership Class will take place on July 23rd from 8:30am-10:00am. If you are interested in becoming a member of our church family, please contact the church office for more information and to sign-up for this class.
- Sunday, July 30th please join missionaries Trent and Tara Schaller at a Meet and Greet gathering in the Fellowship Hall after the Sunday Service.
- Due to Family Camp week and Labor Day, Roots will not be meeting in the months of August or September. However, make sure to save the date for a Roots fall kick-off on October 2! More information coming soon!
- Our next opportunity to host for Family Promise is August 20-26. Thank you for being ready and willing to serve through this program.
The youth group is currently in the process of redecorating the youth room. We are in the painting phase of this project, and looking for volunteers (students OR adults!) to help us paint the walls! We will be meeting on Sunday, July 30th and Sunday, August 20th beginning at 1:00pm and going into the evening. A pizza dinner will be provided for volunteers, and this time will count towards service hours for students who need them! Scholarship money towards youth group events will also be offered to students. Please let Shaleigh (firstname.lastname@example.org) know if you plan on joining!
- The CEFC church office will be closed during the week of Family Camp (August 6-11). CEFC staff will be back in the office on Tuesday, August 15th.
This Week's Reminders:
-The Pastoral Search Team is in the candidate evaluation phase of the pastoral search process. Please pray for the candidates and Search Team — that they would be obedient to God’s leading and timing and that He would provide clear direction as we call our next Senior Pastor. Thank you!
- The church is looking for volunteers to weed the landscaped areas around the church grounds this summer, from May to September. If you are able to help (even if only once or twice), please contact Paul Winkler (email@example.com) or sign up at the sign-in sheet. Thank you!
- During this time of transition at CEFC we lift up the Leadership Team, Pastoral Search Team and the future Pastor God has for this church. Please pray for the Leadership Team as they meet continuously to pray, discuss, lead and make decisions during this transition period. The members of the Leadership Team include: Ken Wiegman (chair), Dan Flesch (vice-chair), Derek Hall, Randy Rogers, Joe Welter, Mark Wilson, and Renee Winkler. Pray also for the Pastoral Search Team as they meet regularly, discuss, and work in unity towards finding the future Pastor God has in store for CEFC! The members of the Pastoral Search Team include: Sharon Charles, Lori Dye, Shirley Wilson, Phil Young, Scott Hamilton, Dan Flesch, Derek Hall, Leonard Ross, and Jason Sasse. Thank you for your prayers! They are heard and appreciated!
- CEFC's July focus is: paper products (Kleenex, toilet paper, paper towel, aluminum foil, saran wrap, napkins and baggies) and laundry detergent. As always, feel free to donate in a general manner as well. Please help us fill the grocery cart in the foyer with donations for the local food pantry. Thank you for your donations!
- If you have a prayer request that you would like sent out through the CEFC Prayer Email, there are three ways you can communicate those requests to the church office:
1) add your request to the Connection Card in the bulletin during the Sunday worship service,
2) email them to the congregational prayer chain (firstname.lastname@example.org)
3) call the church office (348-7330) to talk to staff during office hours or to leave a message.
We value hearing your prayer requests and pray for them during our staff meetings each week.
- In order to make sure our congregation is informed about their opportunities for donating to CEFC, we would like to make you aware of the various options available. Offering is taken during the worship service every first Sunday of the month. For the Sunday mornings in which we do not take offering, checks may be dropped off in the wooden boxes located just inside the Worship Center doors. For your convenience, we also have the option of setting up a monthly auto deposit for either the 1st or 15th of each month. If you would like to set up an auto deposit account, please contact the church office for the proper paperwork. Your gifts to the church are vital to what happens here at CEFC throughout the week, and are so very much appreciated. Thank you!
- Do you want to leverage your gas purchases for a good ministry cause? If you purchase Kwik Trip gas cards through the 180° Student Ministry Scholarship Program, 5% of your fuel purchases and 10% of in-store purchases will go towards our student scholarship account. This account allows students to get a discount on the various youth events that occur throughout the year. You get 100% of your fuel value and we get to put a percentage towards student scholarships! Gas cards are available through the church office in the amount of $20, $50, or $100.
Community Section: (this section offers updates on events in the surrounding communities)
- CEFC has enrolled in AmazonSmile: When customers shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to the charitable organizations selected by customers
Customers need to make sure they utilize the AmazonSmile website https://smile.amazon.com when logging in smile.amazon.com and that our church shows up in the charity at the top of the screen before purchasing
CEFC unique charity link is: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/39-1398161
"I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know Him better. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which He has called you, the riches of His glorious inheritance in His holy people, and His incomparably great power for us who believe." - Ephesians 1:17-19
Praying that God would reveal Himself to you more and more each day, and you would truly know all that He has done and will do for you and through you! Have a fantastic weekend, everyone. Hoping you are able to stay dry with all this rainy weather!