This Week’s News:
- The Adult Bible Fellowship class will be having its last meeting this Sunday, May 21st. It will then resume again in September.
- This Sunday, May 21st, the Children’s Ministries Team will be hosting a picnic at 4:30pm down in the youth room and outside in the lower parking lot. All are invited to join to celebrate and appreciate the faithful volunteers who spent their Sunday mornings teaching the kids of CEFC about Jesus and demonstrating what it looks like to follow Him. A main entrée and drinks will be available; if you plan on attending please bring a side dish or dessert. We look forward to celebrating with you!
- A PureUnity Event will be held Wednesday, May 31 from 6:30-9pm (doors open at 6) at CEFC. This is a FREE inspirational, interdenominational event for youth (ages 13+) and parents. The benefits of Sexual Integrity will be presented through empowering messages and worship. Sponsored by Clarity Clinic of SW WI
- Please join the Thursday evening women's study group for a special presentation by Brenda Schwarzmann about the Feasts of the LORD on June 1, 2017, at 6:30 pm in Classroom 8. Sign up is not necessary; but if you have questions, call Brenda at 608-330-0068. Invite a friend and come prepared to be blessed.
- CEFC Women’s Ministries invites you to join us for “Learning To Lead,” a six-week summer study where we will learn how to study the Bible inductively, share the Gospel effectively, and engage in the power of prayer. This class provides tools for those who want to grow and develop, talk to non-believing friends, or are interested in facilitating studies. A sign-up sheet will be on the information desk at CEFC next week. Please contact either Terri Hamilton (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Stacey Hahn (email@example.com) for additional questions.
This Week's Reminders:
- The Pastoral Search Team is moving into the candidate-evaluation phase of the pastoral search process. If you have a name for the Search Team to consider, please contact a member of the Search Team. Recommendation Forms are due by May 31st. Please pray as God is leading and calling our next Senior Pastor. Pray for the Forest Lakes District Superintendent, Jon Payne, as he reviews pastoral profiles and recommends candidates to the Search Team. And pray for the Search Team as they work to objectively evaluate and interview potential candidates. Thank you!
- Spring Cleaning? Send your extra Bibles, study material and Christian literature to English speaking countries overseas to help spread the Good News of the Gospel around the world! Drop them off in the green tub in the library and the Faith in Action team will get them to the Love Packages organization. Year-to-date, there have been over 368 tons of materials sent overseas through this ministry. *Testimony from Ghana: On our last distributions, we had the opportunity to preach and teach the Good News of Christ Jesus, sharing tracts and booklets. Amazingly, 472 in total were saved!
- The 180° Youth Group is teaming up with the Free Methodist youth group to host a year-end event for all 7th-12th graders in the Platteville area on May 26th. This event will include food, games, and an illusionist show. The event begins at 6:30pm and will end at 10:30pm. Price of admission is a snack to share with other students - this is a great opportunity to bring friends too!
- Congratulations to the following students who are graduating from high school this year: Taylor Beebe, Brooke Gardiner, and Jacob Schmitt. Congratulations and blessings to these students as they graduate and step forward into the next phase of their lives! If you would like to join in the celebration and prayer for these seniors, the 180° Youth Group will be hosting a senior bonfire on June 7th (please note the change of date) at 6:00pm down at the fire pit. All are welcome to join this celebration!
- CEFC's 180° Student Ministries has a growth-level wilderness trip planned for June. Some students are hesitant to register due to cost. If you have any service opportunities (odd jobs, babysitting, etc.) that could help a student (or students) raise money to attend, please contact Pastor Jason (firstname.lastname@example.org) Thanks for supporting the students!
- The church is looking for volunteers to weed the landscaped areas around the church grounds this summer, from May to September. If you are able to help (even if only once or twice), please contact Paul Winkler (email@example.com). Thank you!
- During this time of transition at CEFC we lift up the Leadership Team, Pastoral Search Team and the future Pastor God has for this church. Please pray for the Leadership Team as they meet continuously to pray, discuss, lead and make decisions during this transition period. The members of the Leadership Team include: Ken Wiegman (chair), Dan Flesch (vice-chair), Derek Hall, Randy Rogers, Joe Welter, Mark Wilson, and Renee Winkler. Pray also for the Pastoral Search Team as they meet regularly, discuss, and work in unity towards finding the future Pastor God has in store for CEFC! The members of the Pastoral Search Team include: Sharon Charles, Lori Dye, Shirley Wilson, Phil Young, Scott Hamilton, Dan Flesch, Derek Hall, Leonard Ross, and Jason Sasse. Thank you for your prayers! They are heard and appreciated!
- There are two adult Sunday School classes being offered this summer at CEFC. They include:
1- The Gathering (9:15 - 10:15 am; Conference Room). This class is now studying through the Book of Matthew
2- The Harvest (9:15 - 10:15 am; Room 4). This class is currently studying through the Book of Colossians
- There is currently a women's study meeting every other Thursday night 6:30—8:00pm. All women are welcome to join this study already in progress. Books and info can be found at the Information Desk.
- CEFC's May Food Pantry focus is: health and beauty supplies (even travel sizes), shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, toothpaste, bar soap, lotions and toothbrushes. Please help us fill the grocery cart in the foyer with donations for the local food pantry. Thank you!
- If you have a prayer request that you would like sent out through the CEFC Prayer Email, there are three ways you can communicate those requests to the church office:
1) add your request to the Connection Card in the bulletin during the Sunday worship service,
2) email them to the congregational prayer chain (firstname.lastname@example.org)
3) call the church office (348-7330) to talk to staff during office hours or to leave a message.
We value hearing your prayer requests and pray for them during our staff meetings each week.
- In order to make sure our congregation is informed about their opportunities for donating to CEFC, we would like to make you aware of the various options available. Offering is taken during the worship service every first Sunday of the month. For the Sunday mornings in which we do not take offering, checks may be dropped off in the wooden boxes located just inside the Worship Center doors. For your convenience, we also have the option of setting up a monthly auto deposit for either the 1st or 15th of each month. If you would like to set up an auto deposit account, please contact the church office for the proper paperwork. Your gifts to the church are vital to what happens here at CEFC throughout the week, and are so very much appreciated. Thank you!
- Do you want to leverage your gas purchases for a good ministry cause? If you purchase Kwik Trip gas cards through the 180° Student Ministry Scholarship Program, 5% of your fuel purchases and 10% of in-store purchases will go towards our student scholarship account. This account allows students to get a discount on the various youth events that occur throughout the year. You get 100% of your fuel value and we get to put a percentage towards student scholarships! Gas cards are available through the church office in the amount of $20, $50, or $100.
Community Section: (this section offers updates on events in the surrounding communities)
- A bench and a Little Library have been placed in the lawn of the upper level of CEFC. These items were placed in loving memory of Dani Crase for all to enjoy and be blessed!
- On Sunday, May 21st from 3:00pm to 4:30pm, there will be a hymn sing held at the Lutheran Church of Peace. This hymn sing is not sponsored by any one church, and anyone who would like to sing hymns is invited.
- CEFC has enrolled in AmazonSmile: When customers shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to the charitable organizations selected by customers
- Customers need to make sure they utilize the AmazonSmile website https://smile.amazon.com when logging in smile.amazon.com and that our church shows up in the charity at the top of the screen before purchasing
- CEFC unique charity link is: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/39-1398161
- St. Mary's School's new pre-K and Kindergarten programs will be starting in September 2017, offering a new option to families in the community. They offer small class sizes and a faith based Christian environment. Families are welcome to join, and St. Mary's is requesting families to register by June 30th, 2017. St. Mary's is committed to the academic benefits that accompany the one on one attention received with small class sizes. Interested families are welcome to contact the parish office at 608-348-9735 with any additional questions or to schedule a time to tour the school.
"I know that the Lord is great,
that our Lord is greater than all gods.
The Lord does whatever pleases Him,
in the heavens and on the earth,
in the seas and all their depths.
He makes clouds rise from the ends of the earth;
He sends lightning with the rain
and brings out the wind from His storehouses." - Psalm 135:5-7
Hope you all were able to weather the rain, wind, and storms that have happened this week. God is with us, and He is great, even in the midst of our storms!
"Be still, my soul; the waves and wind still know His voice Who ruled them while He dwelt below."
Have a great weekend! Stay dry!