Community Evangelical Free Church in Platteville, Wisconsin is searching for a full-time assistant pastor of youth and worship to begin this fall. We are looking for the person whom God is calling. The emphasis in this role is on the youth section of the job description, and we are hoping that the candidate can also make an impact through serving in the worship ministry.
The full-time position of assistant pastor of youth and worship exists to provide overall leadership for the youth ministry of Community Evangelical Free Church and to assist the senior pastor in the planning, organization and leadership of the worship ministry. The required tasks are in the areas of leadership, evangelism, discipleship, coordination, administration, and planning. This role reports to the Senior Pastor.
Primary assignments: Youth Ministry (7-12th grade)
● Provide leadership for the youth ministry which intentionally aligns with the purpose, values and
principles (PVP’s) of Community Church.
● Lead youth in seeking God through the elements of Christian discipleship: prayer, time in God’s
word, fellowship, and evangelism.
● Create an environment that is welcoming, fun and healthy for youth who are not familiar with
church, have not read the Bible and who have not yet understood the gospel.
● Develop, recruit, encourage, maintain and train strong teams of volunteers.
● Plan and provide a clear, biblical, engaging and understandable youth ministry curriculum.
● Communicate clearly and provide occasional times of encouragement and support for
parents and volunteers.
● Provide hands-on leadership and support for all aspects of youth ministry.
● Coordinate the elements of youth ministry through clear communication, goal-setting, and
● Visit and encourage youth outside of official youth group times: attending events, sports and
● Initiate events that evangelize and disciple youth beyond the weekly programme. This is to
include some of the following: missions trips, participation in EFCA events such as Districts
and/or National conference, adventure trips and service projects.
Primary assignments: Worship Ministry
● Organize Christ-centered worship services using creative arts and a diverse mix of
contemporary and traditional worship music.
● Recruit a wide-range of musicians and singers to serve the church body through the worship
● Lead the congregation in worship and work with other worship leaders in the church to build a
community of worshippers.Provide organized communication and scheduling of worship
volunteers and services through the use of available technology.
● Prepare, plan and execute regular weekly music practices which provide a time of prayer,
spiritual encouragement and musical proficiency.
● Work closely with the senior pastor to align the worship services and music ministry with the
overall vision of the church and role of Sunday morning worship in the life of the church.
This position requires some of the following skills and gifts:
● be able to lead with confidence, skill and spiritual maturity.
● a love and and gifting for communicating and encouraging youth.
● to be a self-motivated, energetic person, who takes full responsibility on assigned tasks.
● You need to have a balanced view and capability for administration.
● to be able to work well with adults/parents in order to coordinate groups of volunteers.
● to have a vision for the development of people while focusing on specific tasks.
● be able to deal with a flexible and changing array of tasks and events.
● be able to utilize worship technology: soung, projection, etc.
● be committed to vision and direction of the church.
● be proficient musically in singing and/or playing an instrument.
● be able to read music.
● to have completed a bachelor’s degree in a relevant major: i.e. education, music, youth ministry, theology, or
have commensurate experience.
The assistant pastor of youth and worship will participate fully in the life of the church staff and seek to be a contributing team member:
● Participation in staff training and team building times.
● Able and willing to provide pastoral care for those in the youth and worship ministries
● Willing to share in common tasks for church events and services.
● Available to encourage and pray for other church staff in the work of ministry.
● Maintain a healthy relationship with all staff members so that unity, trust and peace are developed
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for at least three references to youthandworshipCEFC@gmail.com by July 26, 2021.